Trimming Bushes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToddS, Jan 27, 2004.

1. sal

sal LawnSite Member

Mr.Nomo The product is called A Trim Mec (Plant growth Regulator). The price is higher than a giraffes butt, but is well worth the cost. The company does an apartment complex approx. 75 acres and the complex is over 30 years old,more shrubs than we know what to do with. Last season ga. receivd alot of rain and shrubs became a major problem to keep up with.

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I do shrubs by the hour. I wouldn't want a growth inhibitor. I encourage my customers to fertilze shrubs and hedges to thicken and fill in thin areas and then reap the $ come trimming time (3-4 times per year). Last year shrub and hedge trimming revenue was 25% of gross. At $40 per hour it's is one of the areas that I can make up for the low cutting prices in this area of FL.

3. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

We bid all our trimming 8-10 times depending on the account.

4. sal

sal LawnSite Member

The growth inhibitor is only used on my commercial accounts, I only service 10 residential accounts so trimming is not a problem there. But 46 commercial accounts makes good business sense to me. I only say this because the shrubs are included in the contract along with fert. The upcharges come into play with ground covers (pinestraw,mulches) and flowers.