• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Trip to Lesco wasted

hmartin

LawnSite Senior Member
I checked the online inventory of my nearest Lesco store in Memphis. I had three products that I wanted to buy. The first was lesco# 001586 which is described on the site as 0-0-50 SOP standard particle. Second was lesco# 008438 which is 18-46-0. And last was lesco# 060854 which is 12-0-24. I drove over an hour to get there. First I asked about the 0-0-50. The sales guy said that the only 0-0-50 they in stock had to be sprayed. I don't have a sprayer with enough agitation to mix this. Doesn't standard particle mean that is can be spread? When I asked about the 18-46-0 he said that they were out. The lesco website still shows 10 bags of the 18-46-0. Isn't this updated? When I asked about the 12-0-24 he said that he could not sell it to me because I was from Mississippi. I wasted all that time an gas for nothing.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Why couldn't he sell the 12-0-24 because you were from Mississippi??? I would've had them get it and then deliver it to you. You did the trip.

TforTexas

LawnSite Senior Member
You must never have run a retail or warehouse situation to be that upset over a 10 bag discrepancy in inventory. I suggest calling to make sure product is there before making the drive.

OP
H

hmartin

LawnSite Senior Member
The 10 bags of 18-46-0 was not there or 52 bags of 0-0-50. This was not a large warehouse. It was about a 2000 square foot room that I could have checked inventory on in less than a hour. Why post your inventory online if it is not accurate.

Rebs

LawnSite Member
I think there is a fertilizer manufacturor in Batesville. Have you tried to find them? Check with the co-op they should know or they will know someone in your area that sells fert.

Just an idea

upidstay

LawnSite Bronze Member
Always call first. I don't know how old the info on the site is, but it amy be 24 hours old, and could have been sold before you got there. As far as checking inventory goes, that 2-3000 sq ft warehouse might have 400 different items in it.