1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Triton and Ultracut bades, wht's the difference?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jun 11, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the blades interchangeable on these two decks?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

No, the Triton has recessed bolts and they are a totally different blade. 05 Ultracuts will not fit any other years previous. I think most Pre 2005 models will fit each other.

3. viper00085

viper00085 LawnSite Member
    from NC/VA

no they are not. the ultra cut deck uses a sort of std flat blade design with a 1/2" (real old) or 5/8" and 15/16 (on some 05 units) center hole where the bolt goes thru it. the new triton deck uses a much wider/heavier duty blade where a splined adapter hub goes thru the center hole of the blade. so the center hole id is much larger.

exmark does offer a spindle upgrade kit, if you did want to change over your spindle shaft to the new style, you could then use the same style blade on the 2 decks. It gets a little pricey though.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for clairifying that. I probably didn't get the details right. My 05 uses the big 16/15 hole and only gets trouqued to about 60 lbs. I like the design, they say it cant self tighten. And that's been true for me.