1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Troybuilt 33" wide cut

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by snowjeep, Mar 24, 2007.

1. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

KS Grasscutter, I can take a loss but that would be like a $1000.00 loss. I would be better off using it and sucking up the size. Sorry.

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I would think $750.0 - $850.00 would be a fair price, since it has a catcher and looks pretty clean.

3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

If you made money with it for 1 year then it's not a loss, it's investment in inventory. Keep it and use it for back yards with small gates. Then add your bigger mower.

4. swurstner

swurstner LawnSite Member

If You Go To 750.00 I Pick It Up I'm In West Seneca Also

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Not to be a total dink here, but those retailed for $1400 brand new everywhere. Grass bag was like $80. To try and sell it for what you paid for it is never gonna happen... Figure HALF of what you paid on that sort of equipment. Somehting over 3 to 4 thousand you would have to be at least a grand under new price, otherwise most people will just rather go with new and the new warranty... Iv'e sold quite a few things I didn't end up liking over the years, and each time I take it in the rear... Just the way it goes if you don't want to keep it.

6. snowjeep

Thanks for all the advice. I got ripped on the bagger then since I paid $180. Live and learn I guess.

7. snowjeep

Let me think about the $750 offer

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

$775 plus shipping

9. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

I still say keep it.