Lawn Care Forum banner

Truck and Trailer

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  gene gls 
#1 ·
I got a quick question for u guys i have a 07 Chevy Silverado 1500 and was wondering if i can pull my 16 foot enclosed trailer and be able to put a 6 and a half dump insert in?Is this possible?

#6 ·
what engine do you have.

It will pull the trailer but pulling the weight all the time will result in alot more wear and tear such as breaks. The dump inserts aren't light, this will result in alot more wear in tear especially on the brakes suspension and drivetrain.

Plowing with a 1/2 ton some guys will say yeah it is fine to do. But talk o any suspension/frame shop. A reputable suspension comapany will be able to id which truck had been used for plowing. Even putting the heavy springs in front, you will still have alot of wear and tear in front from plowing.

#7 ·
I put a truck craft aluminum 6 footer in my 1500, and tow a 14 foot open trailer full of gear. The aluminum insert only ways like 400lbs, so with a good ad a leaf, and trailer brakes it made it through last summer fine. And I plowed all winter with it with a 7.5ft boss standard duty

#12 ·
ok well what kind of plow should i put on it i mean its only a 1500 did u have to put a lift on it
I have a MD75 Snow Dogg on my 1/2 ton. It handles it fine,wish it was an 8'er. The 7.5 is a tad short for the wheel track when angled. Most plow manufactuers only build certain plowsizes for certain size trucks. The sticker on your door frame will lell you what your front end is rated for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.