1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Truck insurance, full coverage. What are you paying?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Eddie B, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

What are you paying to insure your truck/trucks? Who is your insurer? I'm paying $4,344 a year for full coverage on a '92 2500 pickup with Nationwide. It seems like I'm paying too much. Age makes a big difference too I guess. I'm young.

2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Bailey..

i was payin around $2k for insurance on my ranger b4 the accident (17 y/s old), i have no idea what it will be now... :fearful: of what it may be now!

but $4k for truck insurance sounds outrageous

3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

$1032 a year, full coverage on 97 F-150 (8cyl). State Farm.

4. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I think bailey would be better off gettin basic insurance if his insurance is $4k a year... a '92 2500 series can be had for about $5-6k

5. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

BAILEY

Dump the "full coverage"...COMPREHENSIVE (fire & theft) & COLLISION (collision...duh!) on a 1992. No reason to carry it on a truck that old. Insurance is on ACTUAL CASH VALUE BASIS and the ACV on a 92 truck is going to be about $2,000. Just carry LIABILITY on a car/truck over 7 or 8 years old.

I have 2 trucks...2001 F-150 & 1998 F-250...I still have FULL COVG on both...costs me about $1538 PER YEAR for $1 million liability & $250 Comp & $500 Collision deductibles. Insurance goes by TERRITORY RATING...and you are out there by all the EAST COAST CRAZY PEOPLE in NY & NJ & MA, so I'm sure that is part of the reason yours is so HIGH!

Mike

6. Eddie B

from gone

The truck is being financed, so I must have full coverage. A+ Lawncare, at age 17 you are covered under a parent name. at age 17 I was paying 2,300 per year under my parents, same company. I have a history of 1 faulty accident, 1.5 years ago, which would also cause a price increase. They just increased my insurance $950 more per year, never told me why. I'm looking for a cheaper way out of it. The truck has ran into $5,200 in repair costs since purchase, and is worth a lot to me now with all the new parts (engine, tranny, front end, etc.)

Kelly blue book values:

Trade In= $4,050
    Private Party= $5,405
    Retail= $6,850

Its an extended cab 3/4 ton

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

im 17. gotta 01 chevy 2500hd, its in my name, not parents so its even more... but its 2400 a year for full coverage with 300 deductiable. not to bad for being 17 imo

8. Eddie B

from gone

Who is the insurer?

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

state farm....

and on my old ford I had, it was only like 90 a month for plpd. that was saweeeet, but i got in an accident and they didnt cover it...

but ya I have state farm on my chevy

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

oh and if you get a 3.0 it deducts money off too.... and last quarter I gotta 3.1, which is really good for me, so I saved a little cash there... nonetheless, if you get a 3.0, you save cash, so let your insurance co. know.