• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Truck loader / leaf vac / debris loader

Pristine Lawn 1

LawnSite Member
However you want to refer to them they all do the same job... suck leaves up and load them in the truck lol. I’ve got a 16hp Lesco that has done great for me but I’m really wanting to get something newer and keep the Lesco as a backup or if I ever add another leaf truck. I was hoping to find something used this past spring through summer but haven’t seen anything worthwhile. So now I have to start considering buying new or wait till after leaf season and hope I can find a good used machine. Just doing some research last night and stumbled upon a Land Shark 18hp Vanguard sold by SLE equipment in Tennessee. Has anyone ever heard of or used one of these units? I can’t find any reviews on them and the only videos are posted by SLE. They look like nice solid units. They’re about $700 less than the 18hp Billy Goat. I haven’t looked into warranty info yet. My other concern would’ve parts and service availability. Especially during warranty. Thoughts? Concerns? Or message me if you have a nice used unit.

Attachments

buttaluv

LawnSite Senior Member
I remember seeing ads for them years ago.. biggest thing would be, can you still get parts for them.. not just the motor, but the rest of the rig too...

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
I run a 13 hp billy goat. No issues at all. None. The hose i rotate 90degrees every other week to keep from wearing. Parts are everywhere. It’s a Honda block and a steel impeller with a steel chute and a rubber hose in.

kemco

LawnSite Platinum Member
I've bought 2 trailers from SLE. They were good deals, made of chinesium but I expected no less for the price. They do have good prices. I've got some family up that way.

kemco

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'm running a 14hp and have for about 4 years. Prior to that a 16hp that finally blew a rod though the top of the head. I was in a bad position as we had a month worth of leaf jobs in the que. The only only loader I could find in town at the time to buy same day was a 14 or a 13hp. Ever dealer was sold out of everything. I took the 14. It works great when leaves are dry. PITA when wet but better than a rake and bags. When this goes I won't buy under a 20hp.