• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Truck Magnet question

Team Gopher

LawnSite Platinum Member
Hi PeachState,

If your vehicle is dual use (personal and commercial) magnets are often the prefered choice. If your vehicle is commercial only, vinyl is a great way. You can have vinyl letters cut the way you need them or have a decal made which would have a white background. If you have any further tech questions, feel free to PM us.

Or would you add "fully insured", "commercial & residential"
I would suggest only putting this on your larger signs that would be on your trailer.

OP
P

PeachState

LawnSite Member
I appreciate all the input. I feel really good about the decision and can't wait to see what my truck will look like in about a week.

Thanks....phil

walker-talker

LawnSite Platinum Member
Here is my truck. I paid $140 for both doors and installed the lettering myelf. Don't make the same mistake as I did, get the lettering as big as what will fit.

truck lettering.jpg

mtdman

LawnSite Gold Member
Originally posted by Team Gopher
Hi PeachState,

If your vehicle is dual use (personal and commercial) magnets are often the prefered choice. If your vehicle is commercial only, vinyl is a great way.
What they said. My truck I use for personal and work use, so the signs are better for me. I like to be able to take them off when I'm 'off duty'. However, had I a dedicated work vehicle, I would have it lettered.

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Originally posted by Team Gopher
Hi PeachState,

If your vehicle is dual use (personal and commercial) magnets are often the prefered choice. If your vehicle is commercial only, vinyl is a great way.

Peach, just a heads up. If your truck is duel use might want to check with insurance co. If its permanently lettered it might be considered commercial only and your rate will go up.

Mac;)

newleaflandscape

LawnSite Senior Member
I have magnets on all the my trucks that are half ton and three quarters but I have lettering on my dump truck. Only reason I like the magnets is again for off duty. Doesnt look exactly nice if you have your truck parked in front of the bar with the name easy to see. All the sudden your know as the drunk landscaper

cush

LawnSite Senior Member
I put my logo and number on my truck door (vinyl) only I droped the Lawn & Landscape. The reason I only work in two zip codes. On my trailer I have my full logo and number along with the services I provide. When i'm not working I store the trailer and my truck just says deep green and the number. I've had a few people call me and say I saw your truck on the road what do you do. Works great for me!

Fishin LCO

LawnSite Member
This is my magnetic. I just got it two days ago. I like it but next time I will probably make some improvements.

currituck caretaker[1].gif

Wells

LawnSite Member
In the area I live there's an ordinance that states a personal vehicle can not be permanantly lettered. Because of this ordinance we have to use magnets. We display Name and Phone number only.

I have several magnets that I use through out the year. In early spring I have a magnet that just says: AERATING and has a phone number. During the summer I use the one with the business name and phone number. In fall I slap on the one that says: Leaf Cleanups and has phone number, and in the winter I use one that reads: Snow Removal with phone number.

The idea is keep it simple. The phone number is definately the most important.

The trailer however is permanantly lettered with business name, phone number, services, website, licensed & insured etc.