1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Opportunity

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DSLND, Oct 26, 2006.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i have the opportunity for a 199? Ford (150 front) truck with the hydraulic tail gate this dude bought. I called a while ago and its got 90k miles and i originally thought it was a dump truck, but its just got the tail gate and ive been thinking about just taking the tail gate off and just using the bed, bc its got a big like dump truck bed and just rake out debris and maybe eventually put a hoist on it but it depends, anyways the dude wants $1500. I think its a steal and i may buy, but i would take it to a mechanic to get it checked out but im planning on getting a full time helper next season who will do the driving, seeing im only 13, turning 14 in Feb. and that way i have a full time helper and a driver. Good Deal? Thanks! -Mitch-

2. DSLND

Bump! --------------------------------

3. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

you need to know the exact year....there is a HUGE gap between a 1992 which might not be worth $150 and a 1998 which could be a good deal....and since it says you already have an s-10 how many trucks does a 14yo need

4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Its only been a half hour... jeez.

5. DSLND

Im gonna check on the year tomorrow or this weekend. The S-10 is acually my bro's he normally hauls me around. Thanks! -Mitch-