1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Ramps

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have previously posted about searching for ramps to load a commercial mower into my F150. I found all kinds of ramps from portable to heavy duty ramps that take the place of your tailgate. The tailgate ramps are great but costly. The best deal I found is www.oxlite.com[/URL]
    I like the idea of having a 46" wide ramp as opposed to 2 individual ramps. We tried individuals and they are scary when wet (slippery). The 46" wide is 77" long and folds in half for storage.
    So, add a trimmer trap and a blower rack to your truck and you have a nice, tight little system.

2. For the $ I like my Handy ramp. I got a 2' bed extention and put the ramp on that.
    Nothing to remove/store at each stop.
    Best part is the ramp will fit my dodge if my ford needs repairs. Takes about 15 minutes to swap.
    Its been awhile (95?) but I paid 900 for both, don't know individual prices.

www.handyramp.com

3. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

Yea, I was looking at on of those ramp systems that attaches to a class 3 hitch and become kinda like a tailgate that folds up. Currently I have some folding aluminum ramps that I got from JC WHITNEY.com....... they handle 750 lbs apeice and I paid 139.00 for them they handle me (250lbs) and my john deere well (800lbs). I currently do not have a trailer nor need one, the truck can get to places that a trailer makes difficult.

4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I have the Oxlite ramps you are talking about. I found them too short to load my Walker into the back of my truck, the ramps are just too steep. They are ok for small lawn mowers or walk-behinds but too scary for riders. Also after only 2 months of use a few of the welds let go on the ramps. A tailgate ramp would also not take up any bed space in your truck like the folding ramps. On the other hand they are better than two single ramps. I would go for the folding tailgate ramp.

Ray

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

not sure if you are meaning to take your wb to job sites or what. i only gave $600 for my 6x12 tilt trailer, new.