1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

truck signs paid off.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Aug 13, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

My new truck signs paid off. picked up a few new accounts and even a new commercial for next year. Currnt LCO isnt doing a good enough job. Too bad its the end of the season. Oh well ill have them to look forward to next year.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

sweet!!! One of the many types of advertisements is having your commerical vehicle (with signage) looking clean and sharp all the time. It really shows a lot about the company. How has those lawn signs been working out?

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You're right, tiedeman...I need to get out there and wash my truck. As Donald Trump says, "a guy trying to sell a dirty car is a loser"

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

My magnetic (unprofessional, according to some) signs have paid for themselves many times over. Although I think the quality of work I provide actually made the sales. The signs just provided the means (phone number) for the new customers to contact me.

Last winter when I was plowing driveways, I must have gotten 20 phone calls from neighbors to do theirs. Quick and easy money...

Derek

5. chefdrp

i will agree that it was the work. but sign gave them a number.

6. Racer99

Racer99 LawnSite Member

Would like to see a PIC of your signs?

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You got that one right...:D

8. chefdrp

here is a pic of it for you. Just plain and simple

picture 047.jpg

9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've only received one call from my truck signs since I've had them on (about a year?).
    Kinda disappointing. I was expecting a response more like Chefs.

And I've never got a single call from my trailer sign since I've had it on (about 2 years or so). Very disappointing since I think it's a really nice sign compared to a lot of the ones I see around my way. Not to mention all the ones with NO signs at all.

Oh well, I feel like they make me look more professional then some of the other locals, and they didn't cost much. So I still think they're worth it.

Conrats to you Chef!

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Here is how I look at it. I tried a number of different advertising ideas this spring, nothing real expensive. If I was able to gain one reguler customer from each then I was satisfied.

-I did some door hangers last Fall, about 50. I got 1 plowing customer from that. $25 spent + time, made about $300. Good investment!

-small ad in local advertiser for 2 months this spring that went out to 10,000 homes. Spent $200.00 but got $100.00 back due to the unprofessionalism of the sales person. Got only one regular customer but that included a $450 clean-up/mulch job, and byweekly trimming and maintenance. Total earned for the year will be well over $1000.00.

-magnetic signs were $65.00 - got me a $40.00 per week regular customer with potential for high dollar extras.

Derek