Lawn Care Forum banner
281 - 287 of 287 Posts
A few weeks ago a woman was walking as I was bringing my mower back to the trailer.

She asked if I had a card and said that she may need a landscaper soon. That she was impressed on how neat my rig looks.

2005 Jeep TJ unlimited, with an open trailer. I carry no junk, no garbage, 5 gal Lowes blue bucket, keeps the small hand tools, spare line, oil, contained. The truck paint is in good shape and is kept washed.

The trailer wood is re-stained every spring, trailer repainted at the same time. The trailer is kept clean as well.

Image helps.

I get compliments on my equipment. Someone commented on my time master. haha That's a nice mower! I guess it stays the cleanest, and looks the best. I could wash my mowers, but they will all look like hell at the end of the day depending on how wet the grass is. I don't know how much emphasis customers put on good new looking equipment, but I think just as long as it doesn't smoke or have a ton of mud or oil all over it they wouldn't care.

I believe appearance matter but not necessarily do you need clean truck and trailer because really if it's used every day as a work truck it's going to be dirty. Now I'm not saying ride around in a truck covered in mud but you can tell if a truck is dirty from work or play. I usually wash my truck but come on when you work wide open who wants to come home and wash equipment and truck? I have a family to spend time with that I hardly get to see. But on the other hand what drives me crazy is the ones who drive junky beat up trucks pulling trailer that I'd be scared to hook to and mowers that I really don't even know how they get the job done.

When guys roll up in their 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton 'work truck' with stacks, 6" lift, and 35"s:

Good call ! I'm not going to try telling people how to dress or what truck to drive if they can't figure out this is a dirty job and requires performance over pretty :weightlifter:

281 - 287 of 287 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.