• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

truckcraft sanders

slplow

LawnSite Senior Member
I was thinking of getting a new spreader and was wondering if any body was yousing tailgate replacement spreaders on thier dumps,instead of a veebox. I was thinking of the truckcraft or should i stay with a veebox?

cat320

LawnSite Senior Member
I always woundered that too .You would be able to hold more sand and be able to clean them out easier.Is it worth it insted of a v box? I know that the truckcraft tailgate one is almost as much as a vbox.

OP
S

slplow

LawnSite Senior Member
CAT, I priced one out today at $4,250. cash and carry.To me that's alot of coin for what it is. I think i will stay with a steal veebox,my last one lasted over 10 years. I can get a fisher 1.7yd for $2,695. cash and carry.

CCSwanson

LawnSite Member
The truckcraft insert is a year round item dump in the summer-spreader in the winter so would this not be cost effective. I have also thinking about getting a dump insert.

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
I to priced a truck craft replacment tailgate spreader this season and it was around $ 4300.00. I opted to stay with a v box. In the off season you can buy 1 year old spreaders for around 2k. So I could outfit myself with two 1 yr old steel spreaders for the price of one tailgate replacement.
Dino

landscaper3

LawnSite Bronze Member
We just got a brand new Fisher 1.7 yard V-BOX with in cab controlls 10hp motor installed for $3,000.00 I would go that way then a tailgate one your bed will last longer and $1000.00 to put somewhere else.