• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

TruckCraft T-130 Tailgate Spreader

RB

LawnSite Senior Member
Does anyone have one of these tailgate spreaders or know someone who does?

How well does it work? We have two 3/4 ton pickups and I would be encouraged if I heard some good new about these. I know they are a little expensive (probably same price as a v), but having a dumping capability would be nice on a p/u.

thanx.

OBRYANMAINT

LawnSite Senior Member
i have the easy sand it has a center mounted spinner vs the side mount

works good taking the whole assembly off is a two man job without a hoist but takes only two minutes

you do raise your bed often which works the truck a bit but it is very versatile for a smaller truck especially if you need to go from hauling small loads to salting often

sucks a lot of juice i will need to upgrade alternator soon

97 2500 8600gvw long bed

Chuck Smith

LawnSite Senior Member
How does the aluminum hold up to salt contact? I know they say it's a "high grade" of aluminum, but aluminum and salt are "natural enemies", no? I can assume that is why certain parts of it are made of stainless...
Looks like a great set up, simple and effective design. I wonder how it would hold up when spreading calcium products. They make no mention of spreading calcium at the Truck Craft website.

~Chuck