Truckcraft TC120/150 8' aluminum dump bed insert - $3,500

SRT4ME

LawnSite Member
I have a 2006 TruckCraft all aluminum/stainless steel TC-120 7,000 lb capacity dump insert that will fit a full size 8' truck bed. It also comes with the TC-150 leaf box that works perfectly as a 10 yd chip box. I've used it to chip into my old 1999 and current 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 and it has worked beautifully (with the exception of some dents on the leaf box. Self contained and removed and installed in approximately 2 hrs... will dump 7,000 lbs and reasonably hold about 9 yards of mulch (about 5,000 lbs... ~550 lbs per yard of mulch). Paid over $7,000 for it new (leaf box was $2,200 alone) and it weighs ~750 lbs total including leafbox. Asking $3,500 for the insert (will sell the leafbox TC150 alone for $800). ***SPECIAL NOTE - Just bought an Isuzu T6500 cabover for a bigger chipper truck so also willing to sell my 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Diesel SLT Sport 4x4, 35,000 miles w/extended warranty good until Nov 2013, truck WITH dump insert for $30,000 total.:usflag: -Brian

truckcraft.jpg

OP
S

SRT4ME

LawnSite Member
It actually breaks down pretty good (biggest piece is tailgate at 5'x4'3", next bigger sizes are the 4 side pieces at 4'3"x4'3", then the "grandmas attic" up front breaks down good to and the leafbox only weighs 200 lbs give or take... just thought I'd pass that info along if shipping isn't outrageous. I would be willing to take it apart to let everyone know too as long as a deposit or the full amount is sent ahead of time. -Brian

Az Gardener

LawnSite Gold Member
Forgive my ignorance on these units I have never seen one in person, we don't do leaves here in Phoenix. Does everything have to be loaded from the rear? Can you flip down one side and load from the side? Is it still structurally sound without the top/lid on?

OP
S

SRT4ME

LawnSite Member
Yes, it is structurally sound without the top on, however the tailgate does add some rigidity to the system (although you could even place a simple strap holding the sides together if you didn't want to use the tailgate for whatever reason)... You could load leaves through the back or top (there is a tarp on it so the top is easily accessible and can be full open) or it is supposed to be able to easily cut a hole for a leaf vac loader to blow into it through the tailgate... For my tree service, I have used it to haul mulch from my wood chipper by chipping into the back of it with the tailgate up, resting on the chipper chute, so it is good for tree services as well as leaf collectors or landscapers (for hauling dirt, rock, etc too). It has to be the lightest weight unit that you will find that is actually commercial grade and will last. I hate to get rid of it, but I really have a better use for a dump trailer at this point in my business and I am open to a potential trade as well. Keeps the empty weight down in a much more affordable style of truck and shouldn't depreciate any more so that's always a plus too!

OP
S

SRT4ME

LawnSite Member
Oh Yeah, forgot to mention... For all you snow plowers, Truckcraft also makes a sweet tailgate salt spreader designed specifically for this unit... its on truckcraft's website if you want to check it out!!!:clapping: Just never got into the whole plowing thing yet since I like to enjoy my time off in the winter!

OP
S

SRT4ME

LawnSite Member
PRICE REDUCED!!! Truck has been SOLD, will be removing the unit from the truck on Wednesday December 28th... Insert is still available, but I need it gone ASAP since I have limited storage available to keep it. I am willing to part with the whole unit for $3,200 obo. This is an excellent value for someone needing this unit so please don't hesitate to contact me if you are serious... should not last long at this price! -Brian

EverythingOutdoors

LawnSite Member
Hello, wanted to see if you still had this.

Sent you an email off CL yesterday too.

Can't PM yet. Email me at z e i t at wamego . net