• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Truebrown pricing WTF??????

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just got off the phone with a commercial property. They have 120k sq. ft of irrigated turf. Guy tells me I am WAY high. Says TGCL quoted $152/app. (4 apps/season) Said actually they are now higher than what they were during the 3 year contract they were under up until this year:confused:

Oh, and a local reputible squirt & fert company quoted $182/app... That is $1.50 per k!

WTF!!!?:dizzy:

RABBITMAN11

LawnSite Bronze Member
Dont even try and compare yourself to them. They get me so much work every year. Anyone switching from them always say, I cant believe the differance. Just say fine I will do what they do, Just run your machine and spray water! 1.50 K pure profit

OP
LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LawnSite Bronze Member
I know, but it just pisses me off to no end! At least this property manager was kind enough to share how far apart we were from others. I was surprised to hear about the local company who has done good work in the past pricing lawns at $1.50/k:confused:

OP
LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had a property I didn't receive a few weeks ago that was 22 irrigated acres of turf, including lots of islands, wide open spaces & sidewalks. Some company priced it at $1,532/app ...thats $69/acre!

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
that is way too cheap. that is like cost. maybe it will be considered advertising expense for them!! ahha

RABBITMAN11

LawnSite Bronze Member
450 profit for 22 acres for prem two machines two employees and fuel and insurance equipment is like 200 profit. This spells stupidity..

OP
LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LawnSite Bronze Member
And people wonder why they get crappy results from TGCL:dizzy: The ones I love go like this: TGCL, or Scotts or whoever sucks & my lawn never seems to get any better, it's full of weeds & isn't green. I'm ready to drop them, they suck-Oh and I'm paying $30 for 1/2 acre...You can match that, Right?:hammerhead: