1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

try again virtual landscape

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Jul 26, 2004.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

lets try it again. here it goes

tanning.jpg

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty cool..............

3. chefdrp

ok. Now that it worked. I will be doing this tomarrow. there will be gravel, inleft a nice zebra grass, reg daylillies(yellow), Yucca,dwarf rhode, and some stella dora lillies

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Looks pretty good for $3 Darrin. Are you looking for comments/advice? If so... I would lose the gravel and use mulch instead (black dyed if you have it). Look at all those pretty windows that you could shoot a rock through. I would shape the bed a little more symmetrical and plant another ornamental grass on the other side. Have the bed wrap around each corner a little (foot or two).

Good luck with it.

5. chefdrp

the gravel instead of mulch. Low maint. and is cheaper in the long run. I wont be making hardly any money off this except for referals. this is on a very very busy road. so i want to keep it simple, cheap and look good.

6. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Don't forget to get your plant list before you permanent paste your design. It wont let you get it after. I havent tried the gravel and mulch yet I'll have to do that soon. I just tried to find mulch and didn't finr any. ??

7. chefdrp

leadarrows, after you draw the outline uder i think file or edit there is a thing called fill area with? then you will see a list of stuff.

8. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I see sand but not mulch. I wonder if there is a way to import stuff. I did find out there is a way to remove things.

9. chefdrp

where is the plant list thing?