1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

tthp 36 or toro hydro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yard sloth, Aug 11, 2004.

1. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

hi, I'm new here. I am trying to decide between the Exmark tthp 36" hydro or the Toro "classic" style 36" hydro.
    I test drove a used toro hydro with t-bar steering and liked it, not having a seperate forward speed control lever to adjust seems like a big plus. Also with the toro I could bolt on the tru-track sulky without any modification.
    I have not tried a mower with ECS but have read good things about it. I am tall, so I like both of these sytems better than pistol grips.
    I will probably use a mulch kit with the mower, so the deeper deck of the exmark might work better for this.
    The only bad thing about these mowers is I haven't found any dealers who actually have them in stock. So I don't get to try or see one before I buy. I did get to try a used toro around a parking lot (not cutting grass) Anybody know of a dealer in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area who has a tthp 36", maybe even a used or demo one?
    If anybody has some advise on which mower to choose, I'd sure like to hear it. thanks!