1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tucumseh on Toro and Lawnboy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mownredneck, Mar 17, 2005.

1. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I was looking at a Home Depot mag. and they had toro and lawnboys with tucumseh's on them. Please tell me these are the home owner models. I thought they they were better than that? At least get a better engine than that, even for residentails.

2. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

I know that the Deere products that depot sells are home owner versions which arent constructed as well so I would assume that the toro and lawnboy are the same way.

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

It's Now Briggs on the Lawnboy Commercials.

RIP Duraforce.

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Of course they are and besides Home Cheapo doesn't sell Commercial Mowers of any kind kid.

5. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

NEVER OWN ONE THEY ARE juNK WORST ENGINES IN THEBIZ i JUST TREASHED A HOME OWNER MOWER 2 MOTHS AGO WITH A S@TH MOTOR LIKE THAT, i WOULDN'T EVEN BY ONE iF i WASN'T IN THE BIZ

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The Tecumseh Co. has had its share of problems in all respects from layoffs to lets just say production line problems.

Personally I will never own another Tecumseh engine. If it is given to me I will replace it and send the thing to a scrap recycler as these have been the biggest pieces of junk made.
    The company does not stand behind their equipment when it fails and won't return calls or e-mails regarding concerns. As you might be able to tell, I have had some personal dealings with them.
    Do yourself a favor. Buy commercial from companies that put engines on commercial equipment but don't waste your money on Tescumseh.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The main problem with the smaller Tecumseh engines on walk behinds in the carburetors. Aggrevating things never work right :angry:

8. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

You do know what Temcumseh stands for in Indian language right??? MIGHT START.....MIGHT NOT.....HAHAHA

9. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I know that! But I was just saying how can a couple of GOOD mower companies put sorry engines on their products. Even murry puts briggs on theirs.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The Tecumseh GTS engines on the Homeowner Toro's are guarenteed to start in 1 or 2 pulls for 2 years. Thats what GTS stands for.