Tupersan discontinued...

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grass4gas, Mar 10, 2019.

1. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Just found out this is no longer being made. I never used a lot of it anyway so it won’t really affect me, not when you have other products to use. I did like the fact it was granular and easy to use. The liquid was more a pain in the ass.

I know that tenacity is being applied to a granular fert so this may be why siduron is being discontinued...IDK

Anyone else hear this?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Tupersan gone?
    I suspect you are correct. Tenacity (mesotrione) is probably better for application at the time of seeding.
    Take a look at a new bag of Scotts starter fertilizer with crabgrass control. Costly. It costs about $38 for a 5000 sqft bag. Sounds like it does not last long--up to 6 weeks. "Prevents dandelions." Doesn't say it kills dandelions. Not for southern grasses. May turn fine fescue white for a few weeks.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotts-...New-Grass-Plus-Weed-Preventer-23200/203716573

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Im not surprised to see tuppersan go, its been around for over 40 years, It served us well in the 1970's!