Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound real dumb, but is Turf Magazine really free? Thanks!

·
TURF MAGAZINE Publisher
136 Posts
This is from Jim at TURF. Yes it's free and the advertising is one reason. The other reason is that we want to make sure (for our advertisers' sake) that all readers are qualified professionals. That's why you get free by filling in the card in the magazine ... or at turfmagazine.com
AND -- thanks to Chuck, you can also click on the home page of lawnsite to get to our site. By the way, threads from lawnsite are being used now in TURF as a column (no names mentioned). But you might recognize your own comments. Thanks again, Chuck.

·
TURF MAGAZINE Publisher
136 Posts
Jim at Turf again ...

Hey Todd, Cantoo and Syzer ...

First off, when you subscribe is the key to when you start getting it. It takes about a month to produce a magazine, so if you subscribe in the middle of that cycle, you probably won't get it for two months. At the beginning of our cycle, you'd get it next month. Best thing? If you're wondering when it will come, call Kelley at 800-422-7147 and tell her you've subscribed but haven't rec'd the issue. I guarantee she'll send you the newest one that day. No phone mail or all that bull**** here. You always get a person. Any problems call me at the same number or e-mail me at [email protected]

Oh, cantoo: yes indeed it does cost to subscribe from Canada. I think it's part of the free trade thing. I can get a free subscription to Canadian magazines, but Canada charges us so much postage and tax that we have to charge.

But since you are a lawnsite member ... call Kelley and tell her that I've asked to get you on the list for no cost. Deal?

·
TURF MAGAZINE Publisher
136 Posts
This is Jim at TURF. Ok, you Canucks. Just e-mail me at the magazine and I'll set it up. Free to all Canadians who are lawnsite members. My e-mail is [email protected]

(the mrp stands for the silly name of our company -- Moose River Publishing. And yes, it's on the river ... and there are LOTS of Moose here in northern Vermont. Lots!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Jim,

Just got my latest issue of Turf this week. Excellent stuff!I'm dying to sit down and absorb the Western Region Extra from this month's issue. Keep up the great work!

-TGC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.