1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Turf & Ornamental Reference book

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 15, 2008.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

have any of you ever bought the Turf & Ornamental Reference Listing and Label Guide ? we used to. little steep @150.00. but i will say they are handy..
    ant

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ant

While you can down load labels and MSDS for free the Blue Book does have it's advantages. I don't buy one each year, but I do buy it every other year and keep the older Blue books to look up old labels. I use the Internet more than Blue Book but it is nice to have when you need it.

BTW the CD is even better.

https://www.greenbook.net/shop/cart/shop.asp

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.cdms.net/

I haven't touched the books in years other than to dust them. Darn labels change too fast.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Tremor

With Lap Top now having 60 gigs of hard drive, I down load all Labels and MSDS of products that I use or have even a slight interest in. I keep my Lap top with me at all times I am working.

But When I carried a Blue Book instead of a Lap top, I highlighted label mix rates etc for even faster reference.

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

Still Cant Beat The Book Kept In The Truck,

6. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

I asked about this book several months ago but received only 2 or so replies. My main concern is how the information is presented.
    I'd love to plonk down my hard earned $150.xx but not sight-unseen. You'd think Greenbook would post a sample page or 3 in pdf.