TURF RENOVATION EQUIPMENT FORMAL COMPLAINT!!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Hineline, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

Interesting that you bring up this topic...as I've spoken directly to David, the owner of Stinger, and expressed to him the need to build a ride on slit seeder along with a greater capacity than 40-50lbs grass seed. He didn't give me specifics, but alluded to the fact that it's in the works. He did sell Lawn Solutions...worked for Exmark under a non-compete agreement for a few years, helped design the ride on sprayer for Toro/Exmark, and them bolted to start Stinger. I own the Exmark slit seeder and Billy Goat hydro slit seeder. The Stinger slit seeder tops them both and the blades are cheaper to replace.

hort101 and ltdlawn like this.
  2. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

I've now watched all the videos for both the seeder and the 2400 dual hydro aerator. Both of these combined with the sulky attachment have changed the game for me.

ltdlawn likes this.
  3. Reliable 1

Reliable 1 LawnSite Member

Totally agree. He's rejuvenated with a focus on addressing the shortfalls/weak points of the top equipment manufacturers. I love my Billy Goat seeder...but the Stinger takes it to another level productivity wise, reliability, power, and overall cost of ownership. A reel replacement for both of my machines (Exmark & Billy Goat) was north of $350. You can't replace individual blades without replacing the entire reel. Stinger blades cost around $2 per blade, bigger, can be individually replaced, adjustable spacing, really well thought out. I'm selling both of my units to buy a Stinger hydroseeder.

4. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Senior Member

Those are huge maintenance benefits. I saw one video where the machine had cut deep troughs in hard dirt so it looks like the power is there also. With the speed and the sulky attachment it looks you could make multiple passes and create a lot of disturbance for great seed/soil contact.

ltdlawn likes this.