Turf Spy Glasses

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
Has anyone used them??? If so, did they work as advertised? I saw them at a trade show and was curious.

Can't say I have ever heard of them either.
What I found that works well for me is to use a rose tint in my sunglasses (no kidding) as I am partially red-green gradation color blind.
Seems to me that's all these types of glasses are - is just a specific tint color.
Hey - I might be wrong, it has happened before. . . just look at my ex-wife for proof.

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
I noticed my amber polarized sunglasses help more than the naked eye. I think we might try them. Sounds like it would help.

OP
ted putnam

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic

klsgc

LawnSite Senior Member
It said something about weeds in that add that barry posted. Does anyone use these on their spot treatment rounds? That would be really handy when your spreading with a rideon and only spotting out weeds. kind of hard to see a non-flowering dandy when your moving at 5-6mph.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
that is a great idea for glasses, i just might bite the bullet on that price and get some. i am majorly color blind and have to rely on texture , it gets tough although i funtion better than most color correct folks. i have learned to spot issues from very far away, but i cant say it is easy. thanks for posting this find, it will help me in the future.

OP
ted putnam

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
that is a great idea for glasses, i just might bite the bullet on that price and get some. i am majorly color blind and have to rely on texture , it gets tough although i funtion better than most color correct folks. i have learned to spot issues from very far away, but i cant say it is easy. thanks for posting this find, it will help me in the future.

Although I'm not color blind, I thought it was cool too grassman. To be able to look out across a lawn and spot trouble areas from a distance (drought stress,disease, insects and even weeds) would be awesome. I was thinking service calls but everyday use would be good...if they really work.

Top Forums