Turf Tracer Controls Sticky/ Jerky

recycledsole

LawnSite Gold Member
Hey guys,
Just picked up a used exmark turf tracer and the controls (left and right) are getting a little stuck sometimes when I am turning, and its kind of jerky. I am wondering what can I do to correct the problem?
thanks so much

RonWin

LawnSite Senior Member
My new vantage ecs has a little bit of a stick as well. Do u have the ecs grips? The left grip sometimes likes to stick from going forward and needs a little push. Brand new 2014 too!
Posted via Mobile Device

ddixon7

LawnSite Senior Member
I have 7 Turf Tracers and have probably purchased 15 or so brand new over the years. They almost all are sticky and jerky for a while. You have to break them in for them to be loose and snappy. It could be as little as 250 hours of use or as much as 1000 hours. Just depends. It is the only thing that sucks about them. I would buy more new mowers if they would correct the problem. Once I get one broken in i'll run it forever and just replace parts because they are like a baseball glove that needs broken in and I can't stand the stickiness of brand new.

OP
R

recycledsole

LawnSite Gold Member
I have 7 Turf Tracers and have probably purchased 15 or so brand new over the years. They almost all are sticky and jerky for a while. You have to break them in for them to be loose and snappy. It could be as little as 250 hours of use or as much as 1000 hours. Just depends. It is the only thing that sucks about them. I would buy more new mowers if they would correct the problem. Once I get one broken in i'll run it forever and just replace parts because they are like a baseball glove that needs broken in and I can't stand the stickiness of brand new.

Nice. I must just need to oil up some part, because its kind of awful.
Thanks

Top Forums