Turf Tracer hydro belt replacement

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ebone capone, Aug 13, 2019.

1. ebone capone

ebone capone LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 48” turf tracer (model tts481ka483). The belt that runs the hydro pumps broke. Does anyone have some kind of diagram or explanation for putting a new belt on? I called exmark to see if they had something they could email me but they didn’t. I tried to just figure it out but got stuck and about went crazy. Also, the little chain that attaches to the hydro idler pulley arm broke off a long time ago. I got the feeling that is an important part for replacing this belt.

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Have you tried YouTube.

I was gong to attempt to change mine but figured the only way to do so involved a sawmill so I took it to the dealer.;)

3. OP
    OP
    ebone capone

I couldn’t find anything on youtube. The dealer is starting to sound like a good idea. Everything is so close together under there that it gets frustrating pretty quickly. If the old belt had still been on there I would at least have a better point of reference.

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I could have gotten the old belt off but would not have remembered how tot put it back together again.

5. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm surprised exmark couldn't help u? U should be able to download the parts manual, it should show u the belt path. How about landscaper pro, or j- Thomas? They might have a diagram. I did mine on my exmark Viking 48, if I remember u have to take the belt off the clutch first , install hydro belt around the two pulleys and on the engine pulley the put the tension spring on then the deck drive belt and hook the clutch back up. But my memory isn't the best as I'm getting close to 50. Lol

6. OP
    OP
    ebone capone

Thanks. I went to the dealer to get a replacement tension release chain and they didn’t have one in stock. So I just said to hell with it and let them do it.