1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Turf Tracer or Turf Tracer HP, which one???

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by greatlawns, Jul 26, 2007.

1. greatlawns

greatlawns LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a new walk behind to complement my 2 current 52" Lazer HP's. I definitely want to go with the electric start which narrows my choices to either the 19 HP Turf Tracer HP with a 52" deck, or step up to the 23 HP full-size Turf Tracer with either a 52" or 60" deck. My question is what is everyone's opinion on the two? Is the full-size machine more robust, does it hold up better, better features? I plan to use a velke, most likely the Exmark "Stand-On" so that may be a factor. What are the pros and cons of both machines? Is the full-size worth an additional $800?

Also, what is everyone's opinion on the Exmark "Stand-On"? Is it really worth $400, or should I just go with a single or double wheel velke? Does anyone have a preference between the single or double wheel?

Finally, should I go with the 52" or the 60"? They are very similar in price, so should I go for more cutting width or more maneuverability?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!