1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

turf tracer vs. vantage

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jason Simmons, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

No I haven't had a chance. I don't own one, just tried it out. I had a metro and a vantage will mow circles around it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

I love my exmark metro even now it's as basic as they get. The cut is excelant on it. I want to get a turf tracer next year to go with it. I'm really happy with Exmark and trying to switch over to them all around. I demoed a vantage and there amazing I just don't want to spend that much on a mower right now.

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

A new turf tracer x series is about the same as a vantage by the time you add a sulky
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

I would get the turf tracer.

5. Promise-Land

Promise-Land LawnSite Member

Stander all the way. I have a Grandstand and the production is great. Also, I would think the size is more beneficial in tight areas, I don't know the specs but a stander may be shorter than a WB. I can get the grandstand in and around clusters of trees with ease.

6. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

I have three TT S series 48" and we just bought a TT X series 52" w/ EFI. We love these mowers. I demoed a vantage, but found that it wouldn't work as well for our residential clientele--if I was more commercial focused I might consider a vantage