Lawn Care Forum banner

TURFCO is proud to formally introduce the T3000 lawn applicator

87K views 82 replies 33 participants last post by  americanlawn 
#1 ·
TURFCO is proud to formally introduce the T3000 lawn applicator. The first official show that it can be seen at is the GIE/EXPO show in Louisville Kentucky Oct 23-25th. Booth number 7010 inside and 6256D outside

We look forward to showing all that are interested in lawn applicators the solution that TURFCO believes will help them maximize their profit and take control of their business. We believe there are numerous features on our unit that would make it a must see for anyone interested in adding ride on applicators to their fleets. Whether you business is commercial or residential, we offer a product that is versatile enough to do both types of applications while maximizing your route planning. We have spent 4 years working with both large and small operators to come up with our T3000.

Please come by and let us show you our solution to the ride on lawn applicator.

If you cannot visit the show please go to Turfco.com and click on the picture of the T3000

Regards
George Kinkead
President
TURFCO MFG

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
18 acres in less than seven hours, plus using it on 2000 sq ft lawns = pretty versatile. TURFCO has come up with a real "workhorse". Pretty handy for most of us. Also .... you don't need to pull a trailer. We safely haul ours on a carrier rack....fast fill + fast unload on every stop. Initially I figured this unit was designed to compete with Permagreen, but we soon found out this unit competes nicely with Z-Sprays too.

Check 'em all out. I know that L.T. Rich, TURFCO, and Permagreen are all "top nothch" outfits. Plus they are all made in the USA. :usflag::canadaflag:

#8 ·
I know Permagreens can be purchased at local LESCO (JDL) stores, but the quality & performance of PG units have been outmatched by the T3000 & Z-Sprays (IMO). As far as I know, both TURFCO & L.T. Rich sell direct to the customer. Both offer a list of folks in a given area who have these units so people can check them out.

I'm guessing LESCO is tied in with Permagreen (as well as John Deere equipment), so this presents a problem. (too bad)

My two cents worth

QUOTE=turfcobob;2587640]I have a question left over from the GIE show? If you do not want to buy a
T3000 Applicator directly from Turfco Where would you like to buy it. Who would you like to sell T3000 applicators in your market? Let us know.

Turfcobob[/QUOTE]

#11 ·
The tires are narrower than the front tires of a PG, but they are wider than the front tires of Z-Spray units. What concerned us (just over a year ago) was the tread pattern.....we were used to knobby tires. So we were concerned about traction going up slopes.

Turned out that we could apply on steep hills (even on wet grass) without tearing up turf. Regarding soft soil + creating ruts: The first two days we had our T3000, it had rained for two days. We ran it all day long (with no ruts) even when all the rest of my guys came back early from push spreading.

We have received ZERO call backs regarding ruts from the T3000. (one customer had to pull the unit out of a muddy ditch once, but that was operator mistake).

Optimized weight distribution plus low center of gravity allows this unit to be the most versiltle/productive/safe ride-on we have ever tried.

I have seen many lawns ripped up by PG units, and we have seen Z-Sprays get stuck more than once (tow straps needed).

Hope this helps, cuz I'm not trying to sell....just telling what we know, cuz ruts have never been a prob.

Tires look kind of narrow. Would that rut a yard?

#12 ·
Not sure what you mean, but I will share what I know.

Here's the deal (and I will ignore snide remarks*trucewhiteflag*). TURFCO tested several engine manufacturers, engine sizes, etc. Honda, Kohler, Kawasaki, etc. Heck -- they tried everything before making sound business decisions. Only engine that held up was the Intec. They tested engines for corrosion resistance, ability to withstand power washing, horsepower, longevity, etc, etc.

We bought the FIRST T3000 production unit. We changed the engine oil only one time this whole year! After the first 40 hours, we changed the oil....used 10W-30 Castrol Syntec motor oil. Currently, our T3000 has not used any oil whatsoever, and it still looks clear after 250 hours on the last oil change. Has plenty of horsepower to climb 45 degree hills -- which we have done (not recommended).

I will answer any questions I can regrarding our ride-on experiences. I know lots of you are interested in what can make you money (so are we). I ain't no expert -- but have tested five different ride-on manufacturers.

I filled out the form to get a secret look at this, its powered by a B&S 10.5 intek, are you serious?? Maybe it will be sold there :laugh:

#13 ·
I am not interested in any pissing matches with anyone about what machine is the best, It just shocks me that the cost for some of these machines are a bit over the top considering what they are, and what they have for power. If these work for you, then great, spread on !! I wont dirty this thread anymore. :waving:

#15 ·
Steve B -- Last I heard is $8495. 2 year warranty (I think). Zero down financing.

I'd call TURFCO to get details/specifications of the unit. (800) 679-8201.

Nighthawk -- No prob buddy. It's always good to compare & see what works best for each individual. :waving:

How much is this thing? I went to the website and found very little information on it - just a couple of photos.

#17 ·
I know they're not cheap, but we're running about 50% more production with the T3000 compared to our previous ride-ons (Permagreens). Plus...little or no down time, no need to alter the unit, and it can treat 20 acre properties as well as small lawns. Gas efficient too (we've never had to use more than 2 1/2 gallons of fuel in a day = never having to carry extra gasoline)

IMO....if you have alot of accounts, I'd look at the T3000 as well as the Z-Sprays. If you are a small operator, I'd look at the T3000 or the unit from Ground Logic.

If you're looking to spend $2000, you might be able to get a used Permagreen Ultra (no carrier rack included).

Bottom line, a good ride-on can eliminate one employee, also saving salary taxes, etc. my 2 cents worth (BTW, my 2 favorites are TURFCO & L.T. Rich).

Wow - that's about 4 times what I thought it might be!

#18 ·
Got my latest issue of Landscape Magazine yesterday (11/11/08). The T3000 was awarded the "Pick of the Show" by Landscape Magazine's editor & chief. Folks asked what was it compared to. Answer: "Everything at the show". Surprised? We're not.

After using the T3000 this year, we have been nothing but thrilled. BTW we now have another one cuz......hey - I could go on, but I won't. TURFCO A-Team members know what I'm talking about.

Happy Holidays to all.

#20 ·
Hey Metro New York & Connecticut Applicators!

Valley Green is pleased to welcome Bob Brophy of TURFCO to our upcoming open houses.

Bob will be joining all of our valued supply partners for a REAL Green Industry open house lunch. He will also be demonstrating the T3000 so this is your chance to see/feel/operate/purchase this fine unit & pick Bob's brain over a quality lunch.

Turf: NY Strip or Rib-eye Steak (depending on local selection)
or
Surf: Sword Fish or Tuna (depends again on local selection)

This is not a run of the mill pizza & burger affair so we ask all attendees to RSVP before 3/1/09.

Weds, 3/11/09 at White Plains, NY (914) 390-8700
Thurs, 3/12/09 at Norwalk, CT (203) 831-9748

Other fine supporting industry leaders will be joining us from Dow, Miller, PHC, PlanTTech, & Lebanon so this will be a MUST ATTEND event! Valley Green places a lot of value on our supply partners as you'll see by this event.

For directions & additional details please visit our website at

http://www.valleygreenusa.com[/url[/B]]

#24 ·
What went wrong. I was at three of their open houses last week and they seemed fine. Lots of folks and food. Turfcobob
Something went wrong with the link I posted. The T3000 was/is awesome!

I've used &/or sold nearly every spreader/sprayer. I've also built a few Cushmans with Vicons with both dry & wet booms. The T3000 looks & handles like a very capable machine. Every area of concern looks well built.

#25 ·
What are the pros and cons of the T3000 vs the Z's?

#26 ·
Tried the T3000, I'm sold! Thanks Larry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.