Turfco t3100 over steel green?

Jweturf

LawnSite Member
Will be looking to buy a new ride on applicator at the end of this season. Currently have a permagreen that is pretty tired.

Would love to move up to a z-spray/steel green but am apprehensive of having to trailer it all the time as I currently use a hitch carrier with my permagreen.

Have recently been looking into the turfco t3100 and would love to hear some thoughts from people that are running t3100s over zspray/steelgreen

Thanks

Lar6493

LawnSite Member
I love the t3100. No problems with the machine and the company itself is great. Any problems or questions are easily solved with a quick call to Patrick at Turfco. I like the steering on the 3100 and I like that it did not have free spinning front wheels like a zero turn. Also, if you go with the 3100 get the extra tank that mounts behind the hopper. Having a separate tank was a lifesaver with all of the crabgrass problems this season. Don't hesitate to call any company you are interested in. They most likely have reps that can put you on a machine to demo. I had exmark and turfco out to my business to demo.

FdLLawnMan

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am on my second T, first one I sold to a friend of mine. I believe it has over 3000 hours on it. They are awesome I on hills. If you do the regular maintenance and check everything over well in the spring it works well. I also run mine on a rack as I hate dragging a trailer.

Mr Efficiency

LawnSite Bronze Member
Will be looking to buy a new ride on applicator at the end of this season. Currently have a permagreen that is pretty tired.

Would love to move up to a z-spray/steel green but am apprehensive of having to trailer it all the time as I currently use a hitch carrier with my permagreen.

Have recently been looking into the turfco t3100 and would love to hear some thoughts from people that are running t3100s over zspray/steelgreen

Thanks
Why switch from a permagreen, just get a new model one.

The new permagreen triumph models are a lot better then the older models and much easier to maneuver and turn.

You should take one for a test ride, some permagreen dealers have demo models to test out.

Good luck on what you decide

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
There are platforms for the SteelGreen.

Never ran a Turfco, but when we switched from our PermaPOS to the ZSpray, I had to tell my dad we were doing it whether he liked it or not. After one day, he wanted nothing to do with a PermaPOS ever again.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
the specs look very similar to the turfco unit. Whats the price tag on them?
There not. The toro blows away the T. I owned both sold my T and went with a very well built toro. No comparison the toro is light years ahead of the T.

Green Mentorship

LawnSite Senior Member
Choosing anything over the steel green is foolish. That's just the reality.

If you want to put them on a rack, pm me or they know who I am. We had custom racks designed and made to haul our steel greens off the back of our vehicles.