Turnaround on fliers

Youngandfree

LawnSite Senior Member
A basic Google My Business template website is free and has some higher ranking ability because you are using their platform. Nothing fancy, edit the template. Get it verified and publish it. Make a post every day or so, post pics. Share your page. Get your customers to do a google review on your page. You don't have to build some fancy website or spend money just to get a web presence. If all you are doing is mow and blow, then it is even less to put on the website.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Senior Member
Here is a decent video that doesn't have too many off topic side bars in it. Listen to it while mowing or sitting on the toilet. This is today's digital marketing.

OP
G

GarrettLawnCare

LawnSite Member
A basic Google My Business template website is free and has some higher ranking ability because you are using their platform. Nothing fancy, edit the template. Get it verified and publish it. Make a post every day or so, post pics. Share your page. Get your customers to do a google review on your page. You don't have to build some fancy website or spend money just to get a web presence. If all you are doing is mow and blow, then it is even less to put on the website.
I didn't know you could do it for free. I guess the point of it is to have the potential customer search for your business name after seeing a flyer or business card, check your site out, and call. And not so much do a google search for (lawn care) and get your biz on the first page.

That's good advice. Thanks. Been watching Kalfas for a while, dawg :D

Youngandfree

LawnSite Senior Member
I didn't know you could do it for free. I guess the point of it is to have the potential customer search for your business name after seeing a flyer or business card, check your site out, and call. And not so much do a google search for (lawn care) and get your biz on the first page.

That's good advice. Thanks. Been watching Kalfas for a while, dawg :D
If you don't have a web presence they can't google search you after seeing your flier.

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
Hang on there, this discussion is just getting started! :D Of course i do good work, im the guy who stays way longer than i should at a job. But i have gotten over that quirk in the last few years. But i need jobs to prove i do good work. Momentum, you know.

What about taping business cards to the inside of paper boxes or near the mailbox? Less obnoxious and less like litter. Has anyone had any luck with that? They are MUCH cheaper than fliers and much more classy. I really like the looks of my cards as well.
This isn't rocket science.

• Website
  • Business cards
  • Logo on tuck or trailer
  • Door hangers on neighbors of account you currently have
  • Word of mouth and networking
  • Facebook ads, Google adwords

JFGLN

LawnSite Silver Member
Here is a tip that might work for you.It probably varies with your location but I know it would in my part of the country.

Reach out to other LCO in your area. Let them know you are eager for referrals and work. No bs here, I have over 100 request for quotes in the last 3 weeks for work that I either do not have time to do or things that I don't want to do. I would love to be able to refer these calls to another company!