LawnSite Member
This isn't rocket science.

• Website
  • Business cards
  • Logo on tuck or trailer
  • Door hangers on neighbors of account you currently have
  • Word of mouth and networking
  • Facebook ads, Google adwords
I know it. Its just that with all this rona stuff i wasn't sure how effected everything was going to be. Since ive started this thread ive picked up 3 jobs.

Thanks for the facespace and free website suggestions guys. I honestly had assumed that stuff was a thing of the past. I had my fill of tech years ago and have checked out of just about all of it. Making the facebook page was actually a wee bit of suckage. I hate the stuff. Got my google biz site up as well. Still, who uses facebook anymore? Its a dying platform right?

Thanks again bros.

d929d4452409a3f0bf00ec5d284d8baa26f13d41395bfb661dbb82f2aa189c7f.jpg

OP
G

GarrettLawnCare

LawnSite Member
Here is a tip that might work for you.It probably varies with your location but I know it would in my part of the country.

Reach out to other LCO in your area. Let them know you are eager for referrals and work. No bs here, I have over 100 request for quotes in the last 3 weeks for work that I either do not have time to do or things that I don't want to do. I would love to be able to refer these calls to another company!
Great idea!

I have a good friend that cut grass for a season a few years to save up some money to start another business. He ran across an LCO ran by a marine who was about to deploy. He bought over 30 accounts from him and ended up doing really well his first year. This is also a great way to to tighten up your routes.

J.R. and Sons Services

LawnSite Senior Member
Work hard and do people right brother! Thats the name of the game. We all started at zero accounts. We all have lots of stories, failures, successes, etc. We all run our businesses how we see fit. You can take it to whatever level you want with determination. This is why America is Great and will be again! I think, Lol. Best of Luck!!!

J.R. and Sons Services

LawnSite Senior Member
And for the record, my two oldest sons do all the social media, have all the state of the art equipment, fancy trucks and trailers, and take all the photos. I am as old school as they come. I still work lawns mostly solo using a 2001 Exmark 32" walk behind (just retired the 1996 36" Encore a couple years ago) and my first trailer. Do I have to? Absolutely not! I do it because I still enjoy it and it reminds me of from where I started. This 49 year old young man can still out work any of these young pups!!!

Green Industry Pro

LawnSite Senior Member
This isn't rocket science.

• Website
  • Business cards
  • Logo on tuck or trailer
  • Door hangers on neighbors of account you currently have
  • Word of mouth and networking
  • Facebook ads, Google adwords
This

Tn Turf

LawnSite Senior Member
Here is a tip that might work for you.It probably varies with your location but I know it would in my part of the country.

Reach out to other LCO in your area. Let them know you are eager for referrals and work. No bs here, I have over 100 request for quotes in the last 3 weeks for work that I either do not have time to do or things that I don't want to do. I would love to be able to refer these calls to another company!
That's actually a really good tip. When a potential client calls us and if it's outside our service area or we're backed up, we always like to refer the prospect client to a colleague we like and trust.

BE that colleague other LCOs like and trust.

As for the OP. about a week...
Depending the time of year, you'll get about 1 to 3 calls for every 100 fliers you hand out. This time of year you will have a much lower success rate @ about 1 call every 200 to 300 handed out. Depending on your area, you need to get those out in late February and no later than the 2nd week of March. By April, most of the musical chairs are filled.

fitph

LawnSite Member
your not allowed to attach or place anything on or in a mail box, you can Get fined for it.
I so hate this mis-information. I actually had the Postal Inspector (the post office police) order a mailman to return my flyers after he removed them and threatened me with said fines. Policy is not law. There are 2 competing laws on the subject of putting hand bills (flyers) on the post or on the enclosure. It seems that when push comes to shove the postal police and yes they have a police force, will side with allowing it as it has not been fully tested in the courts. The few cases that have reached the SC have sided with the people over the post office. That said, the mail carriers are told they should remove all flyers so they do in most places. Back when I was doing it they finally learned and left mine alone. I called the Postal Inspector every single time they harassed me about it and every time he shot them down.