Turning a 2 man system into one possible?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Phil1010, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Phil1010

Phil1010 LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I have been sealing a few years and after purchasing an upgraded system things have been good. Like most of you there is probably times when getting a helper to be available same day as the client wants their property done doesn’t always line up. So, I started looking at my setup and wondered if anyone has tried cutting out the need for a helper by buying a second (smaller) spray gun and changing the fitting so it would be a quick connect like say an air compressor? My theory is if i can get a 2nd short spray gun I’d be able to connect it and go along and cut in myself, go back to the trailer and quickly disconnect the gun for the longer one to finish spraying.. has anyone tried this. My biggest worry obviously is having leaks at the fitting and having spills while changing guns. Thanks in advance

2. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

I use flat faced hydraulic quick connect fittings and spray just like you described . You can disconnect while pump is at low rpm but I shut mine off to change to the longer wand . Mine have never leaked but they are expensive .

3. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Shawzer do you have those quick connect on your oil base spray system? If so can you send me the product info online?

4. S.L.S.

S.L.S. LawnSite Member

Phil I work alone and use a blocking board my self and do all my cut ins with it took a while to get use to it but it worked.

5. SHAWZER

SHAWZER LawnSite Member

Any hydraulic hose place will sell flat faced couplers . I use 1/4 inch thread ones because they are a little smaller and lighter .