• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Two Axles or One?

grasssin

LawnSite Senior Member
I am about to get a 6x12 trailer, although I dont need all the space right now I know I will "grow" into it. So my question is should I get a single axle or a doulble axle trailer? Is it worth the extra $350 dollars for it?

Right now I am also going to have a Exmark 48" turf tracer and 21" Toro on there. Eventually will get a Z to go along with the turf tracer. The only other uses I will use it for is to haul around my 4 wheelers... Thanks for the help

ElephantNest

LawnSite Bronze Member
And go through tires a LOT faster. I have a 6.5' x 12' single axle and love it. Backs up fine.

FrankenScagMachines

LawnSite Platinum Member
Can you maneuver a (empty) tandem axle trailer by hand? i can with my single. tires last forever, lighter weight, pulls great, holds as much as i can fit on the trailer without overloading it. Hauls 3-3.5 yds of mulch (1' sideboards) heaped up on it no problem. Only thing I would change about mine if the same size is put brakes on it.

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Double axle with out a doubt. Your gonna think I'm crazy but if you plan to expand or go full time and if your truck will pull it go for even a bigger trailer then the 12 foot! You will never regret having a bigger trailer.

OP
G

grasssin

LawnSite Senior Member
As usual everyone is split down the middle on the issue

:)

Keep the comments coming,