1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

TYM tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by meicher806, Aug 24, 2010.

1. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anybody out there is running TYM tractors. I stoped by the local dealer today and they seem to be a good tractor, just wondering about there record on the job. I can get 503 cab w/ loader for 25,500 which seems to be a great price for a 50hp tractor.

2. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

There is a local guy who is going to take them on at his dealership this coming year. He is a mechanical whiz and seemed really impressed..... He told me that one of the big advantages with the TYM is that the factory cabs a couple grand cheaper than any other major brand.

3. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

Lots of features for the money, good warranty, wide model range. But the other Korean maker is Kioti, where a minority of owners have reported problems that seemed to stump the dealer. So you might want to insist on a loaner clause if it needs parts/repairs that take longer than a week or so. And p/u-delivery included in the warranty in the event of a covered failure. And check out the attachments you may want because Kioti's were sometimes questionable.

4. belairj39

belairj39 LawnSite Member

I owned a 273 with loader (27hp diesel, 4wd, hydro drive)...Sold it with 200 hours and regretted it ever since. You can't beat the value for the money. Tons of features and a nice weight, too. Quick detach loader. Strong hydros. 5yr warranty is best in the business. I am selling a stander to buy another one!