• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Type of carburetor on Stihl 4-Mix engine?

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
Your best bet would probably be to pull the old one off and clean it all up real
good so you can see the numbers etched into the casing, once it's all clean
bring it with you in front of the computer and start shopping.

Or take it to the dealer, the price difference isn't all that, you might save 5-10 dollars
shopping online while you're wondering if it's the right one lol, and there might be a better
deal out there but they're usually rather scarce, I know you can easily spend an hour
shopping to try and save 5-10-20 bucks and then it might not happen, up to you.

ricky86

LawnSite Silver Member
I don't think you will find one online. I will tell you they should not be that expensive from a dealer (a legit dealer, not a crook). Blower or brush cutter, they should be about $50.00. That's assuming you need a new one.

OP
Merkava_4

Merkava_4

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner - this thread got moved and I lost track of it. :D

I don't have a 4-Mix that needs work... I'm just a small engine
junky and I like to study Illustrated Parts Lists for hours on end. :D

I'm looking to get a string trimmer this year and Stihl is the
only brand that doesn't have IPL's available for download. :confused:

Thanks to all you guys that replied. :)

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm looking to get a string trimmer this year and Stihl is the
only brand that doesn't have IPL's available for download. :confused:
Word of advice, and I can't tell you which one to get...
Speaking for myself, out of a good dozen handhelds all but one of mine is a Stihl...

Over the years however I have found that Stihl is very proprietary with their stuff, this particularity of theirs
aggravates me close to tears at times so it's definitely something to be aware of...
Other than that they're great machines, if you like working on things they literally run forever, just that thing with the parts...