• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Types of striping kits?

GKchris311

LawnSite Member
Are there many different types of striping kits and if so whats your opinion on the best? We run ExMarks, looking at getting them for our rider, WB this season. I've already read a thread on who likes them/dislikes them/thinks they're not worth the money, I just want to know about the different types and what works best.

mowerbrad

LawnSite Fanatic
Obviously there are a few different types. There are the roller type that attach directly to the back of the mowing deck, which I think is the best type. You then have the rubber flap type that attach to the back of the mowing deck, similar to the previous one I mentioned. Dixie chopper has one that uses small lengths of chain just behind the rear wheels and drags them on the ground. And then there is the roller type that is drug behind the mower.

I like the type that are connected to the mowing deck. With this type you don't have to worry about it getting caught on something like the ones that are behind the mower. And they raise and lower with the deck so they aren't always in the way.