1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

U.S. lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brinlee lawn, Dec 22, 2004.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody know anything about us lawns???? Was looking at there web site and noticed they didnt have any in Oklahoma. From what I read it only costs $29,999 to buy into the franchise, it didnt say anything about royalties wonder what those are like.

2. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Stay away from them.......... do a search using search feature on this forum and prob will be thread after thread about them

3. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Give me 30,000 and 10% of you income i will give you my accounts. On US lawn they took some accounts form me. and cut the price so i call them lowballers.

4. brinlee lawn

thanks for the replies, I will do a search on them. Boy they sure make it sound good.

5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

J&R the same thing happened to me and not only did they take my accounts by lower price but also are including more services. How they make money off of it i dont know. US LAWNS is owned by VAlley Crest it is their franchise version and also a way to get those accounts who dont want to do business with a big company but little do they all know....................

6. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I can't see the point of giving someone 30k. All they are going to do is start a marketing and advertising campaign in your area to get you accounts. If you are already in business then you could spend a lot less than that and get as many accounts as they are going to get you. And if you are not in business yet and have that kind of $ then spend it yourself and do the work yourself.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

30 grand for a name? NFW. Thanks, but I'll pass...

8. brinlee lawn

well put cklands, Thats what I need to do is more advertising, I dont believe I will put any more effort into exploring this after going back through some old threads. I really appreciate everybodys replies thanks for the info.

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are starting out and want a business quick,,,,they have an awesome deal!

they will send u butt loads of work and you will be happy! I know 2 guys that are more than safisfied with what they give in return for the investment!

10. brinlee lawn

Everybody says they will send you a butt load of work, where do they get the work I mean there is not a us lawns franchise in Oklahoma so how do they send you the work?? Is it mainly fast food chains and large chain stores.