1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

UD DUMP TRUCKS??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FIREMAN, Mar 1, 2001.

1. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

Does anyone own or have used a UDcab forward dump truck?? A local dealer has been advertising an overstock and from what I see I could get e 12ft. grainbody for about 26-27k..This is of course 2 wheel drive, diesel with an automatic tranny.. Does this seem fair???

2. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

yes that is fair. i have the 1800hd and looking at the 1400 tomorrow great truck.

3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

What year and model # is the UD? UD's are made by Nissan and are good trucks. I have a 1990 UD 1100. I payed 6k for it used with 100k miles on it 3 years ago. Befor I bought it I called a UD dealer and asked the service manager about this truck. He said that they had trouble with the alternator mount on the timing gear cover vibrating and wollering the bore out. I couldn't pass up the great price so I bought it. I have spent a total of 1000 dollars on this problem over at least 4 occasions doing the work myself. I would call the service manager and ask about what bugs could be hiding in you truck. If I get a new truck I think I will try a Mitsubishi Fuso. Your UD may run forever.

4. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

bought the new one today.UD 1400 with 10.5 ft dumpbed,fold downsides,piggyback tool box.turbo diesel,

$30,232. that is a deal. I paid 34 for my Mit 4 years ago for the exact set up. I now have 2 MIts and 2 UD. I like both compared to my fords and chevys the only time MIT,UD go the shop is for reg maintence.