Ultimate Gate Challenge.

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
a guy came and asked me while i was finishing up my other client across the street, "i need my back yard cut this week one time. he said his riding mower locked up on him the day before. he asked if i had a small enough mower to fit through his 36" gate." "i said yes.'' i walk back and i saw how huge it was for his small lot with a little house in the front. looks can be very deceiving. so anyways i got the job and came the next day. easily slipped through the gate and got to work. it barely bogged with the grass being about 3 and a half ft tall in some patches. i'm very impressed on how well it did for such a small hp engine. me and my dad and brother finished that job in about an 1hr 1/2. very pleased and happy with the gravely 34 thus far. i would definitely recommend it.

20190913_165126 - Copy.jpg

20190913_165129.jpg

20190913_175537.jpg

20190913_175547.jpg

20190913_175557.jpg

20190913_175627.jpg

OP
Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144

LawnSite Bronze Member
It hasn't rained in 2 weeks now. And it was not wet and soggy. It was soft and loose when I cut it. I was sinking a little when I was walking around taking pictures so. The rutting is not because of the tires. Anything would have rutted that yard due to how soft and Loose it was. It was as if a mole had tore the whole back part of the property up.:laugh:

flybynite

LawnSite Bronze Member
Seems the small Gravely mowers leave bad ruts. I see it every week at a property that uses one. I think it's a 36" cut. The tires are not wide enough to carry the weight.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
Seems the small Gravely mowers leave bad ruts. I see it every week at a property that uses one. I think it's a 36" cut. The tires are not wide enough to carry the weight.
Sit down 34” would rut bad here. Even the 32 and 36 Standers pretty much useless on softer turf.