1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

ultracut blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fergman, Jul 11, 2007.

1. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

does anybody know if there is a blade that will go on a 60" ultracut that will have more lift than the high lift notched exmark blades? i have searched and i found a thread about a 3" wide super high-lift blade but i couldnt figure out where to get them from? the year model of the mower is 05. ive ran double high lifts and other combos for a long time and i would like to return to singles thanks for reading and any help at all would be very much appreciated:)

2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

tHE MEG MO blades will do a very good job and will stay sharp 8 to 10 times longer. Out wear 3 or 4 sets of what you are using now. Replacement cost just $4.95.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

There are DC 3" wide solid foil super high lifts, but they are full 1/4" thick blades and take considerable HP to run. I was never impressed with them, and felt REAL heavy on my 27hp LC Kawi Lazer.

I would just like a slightly higher lift roll, but a LONGER foil length wise, similar to SCAG's blades. But they must remain .204 thick for weight.

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I run two sets of Meg-Mo's. For grass they are good for leaves in the fall they are amazing. If you don't like them that's fine but why this anti Meg-Mo crusade.