1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Unbalanced new blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, May 29, 2000.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought two new sets of blades last week. I made them sharper and checked them for balance as Eric had mentioned new blades sometimes being off. Everything was fine until I took off a new set this evening. First removed all the &quot;green&quot; from the blades prior to sharpening. After a light sharpening, I checked the balance, one of the blades flopped to one side, clunk. Never had a blade ever do that. I really had to take off some metal from the heavy side, it smelled like I was welding. I have never taken off as much metal as this, even on a mangled blade...this was a new blade. It is fine now, I thought I was hallucinating.<p>Just a bizarre incident only fellow Mowpersons could understand or be interested in.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I guess I'm not the only one then. :)<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>