1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Unbeatable Pricing Plan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grasboy, Feb 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Give it a try,pain is great teacher.Go for it,or listen to the advise here by people who have been in the business for years and know that cheap prices will get you no where(look at the discussion I started ''cheap prices will get you no where'' on this subject).At those prices you could make more working at your local Kwikie-mart!By the way prices for internet are totaly different from lawn cutting.<p>from:Adam<br>AB LAWN CARE

2. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

Why would you want to work for such a low hourly rate and provide such poor quality work? How will you pay for insurance, gas, phone, vehicle, equipment, advertising, licensing, etc. After all is said and done, what do you net? You'll have to further explain your plan to convince me. Let's hear it.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com

3. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Stay out of the sun or move to Pennsylvania where the sun isn't quite as hot.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

When are you going to be home????? Your gonna be pushing your skinny butt off to keep up, and how will you respond to customer A when you are on customer X's lawn 55 miles away? I suggest you read every post on this forum, find more forums, books, T.V. and anything else you can, you ain't thinking right here. Lets see, you want 1000 customers at $21.00 per month? It will take you 2hrs per yard, might get 5 a day if your humpin it and they are in a row. Its gonna take you 200 days to make a circuit.<p>Reformulate your plan,<p>Homer

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Grasboy, I will go along with Ashlandscaping on this. You move to the Chicago area and I'll pay you $21.95 a month to mow each and all of my lawns and I'll even furnish the equipment and gas. If you get 10 customers down there at that $21.95 a month, you will make about what I do on 1 acount a month. Re think your plan. Now at $219.50 a month for unlimited service, I would even have to re think this deal. They will run you raged having you do this and that. Like others said, read every post in here and then make a lot better plan or move up here, we will give you a job, all the work you want.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

6. Charles

Charles Moderator, Friend, Angel

Comparing aol to the lawn service business is like comparing apples to oranges. You cannot handle 11,000,000 customers LOL in one day or in your lifetime.

7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Could somebody tell me how to spell &quot;T-R-O-L-L&quot;<p>Bill

8. Grassboy,<br>You really need to rethink your pricing strategy. Your time and equipment are worth more than that. My cheapest is a $30 yard takes about 40 minutes to mow and trim. You will do much better if you will set a schedule for your mowing and specify the services. If you do a quality job people will be willing to pay more. I have customers who worry that they don't pay me enough. <br>You should figure your time for a respectable hourly rate, better than min. wage. Your time should be worth at least $10 per hour minimum. If it takes you 2 hours to mow a lawn ea week, then this comes to $20 per week or $80 per month. Your plan of 21.95 per month won't even cover your labor. I really advise you to seriously reconsider this plan. Even your $45 per month is way to low for all the services you list. <p><p>----------<br>Richard @ Davis Total Lawn Care<br>http://townserver.com/dtlc

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'm waiting for the first 5 acre commercial account to sign him up. He will change his name to 6 feet under the Grasboy.

10. mattingly

mattingly LawnSite Member

This is just too funny to believe. There are so many things wrong with this idea. A lot of them have been mentioned but there are many more. I beg of you not to do this but if you do you will definitely crash and burn. I am a meager 23 yrs old. I believe you are 16 right? Well just three years ago I thought I knew everything and could take on the world. Well, now I am working on my second degree and finding that there are so many things in this world to grasp ahold of such that it is impossible to know everything. Moral of this story? Listen to these guys. They've been there and for the most part done that. Did you break your figures down any what so ever? 21/3mowings equal 7 dollars per time mowing. I don't care how small the yard is you will lose money in the long run. Don't get me wrong you won't lose everything, you will gain a wealth of knowledge in the mistakes you have made. Sorry to be so negative but this is your case in point of poor business management skills. Grassboy, this is why so many people have entered the field only to fall flat on their butt in the same year.<p>----------<br>Integrated Landscape Solutions<br>Lexington, KY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.