1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Unbeatable Pricing Plan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grasboy, Feb 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

im also sorry to be so negative but are you crazy? it bad enough your 16 but to be doing a unlimited amount of services for 45.00 your jusk asking for people to take advantage like you cant amagine. in in the end will be working for about 3 bucks a hour. the same people will be callin you every other day to rake up 5 leaves that fell off there tree and two water the two potted flowers on the front porch! you can make your 45 bucks doing 2 lawns in a couple of hours with a 21inch mower....why cut yourself short of all that money? beleave me...ive been there and done that, charge by the job and make sure you get at least 20 bucks a hour to start. this is hard labor intensive work and youll be sorry and ready to quit after the first month when you relize you did a thousand bucks worth of work for 100. take that 1200 bucks you have and buy a nice used 48 inch commercial mower...a good commercial weedwacker and a good blower. better to put the money up now and have the equipment for years than to buy cheap home owner sh*t and have it be braking every week. beleave me there is absolutly nothing more frusterating then having equipment down when there is money to be made and a schedule to follow. if you do a good job and act perfessional you will have no problem finding lawn....satisfied people tell there neighbors and they tells there friends, its how i got most of my lawns. if you do quality work you should be paid for quality work....i could go on for ever, just really think about everyhting i have said. 45 bucks a month for unlimited work would be a waste of your time and would drive you crazy. id love to help you more. any quaestions or comments email me at Evan528 @aol.com

2. klite

klite LawnSite Member

Mabey he has to attend the School Of Hard Knocks , Before he will understand this is not the way to go about it.<br><p>----------<br>Ken...Lightcap's Landscape Service<br>

3. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

This post is great, please write more funny stories about fools working for $2/hr this cracks me up. This is a joke right? If not please pass this idea along to all my competition, nah, on second thought even they wouldn't touch it.

4. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Oh now guys. If he get one of <br>&quot;those customers&quot; he will have only one customer. Because she (with his unlimited servics) will have him doing everything under the sun and then some. This has to be a joke. And whats worse is I wasted time replying to it.

5. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

So you are willing to work for somebody for three months (hey gas isn't free) in order to buy ONE N64 game? I doubt that I could pawn that deal off on my ten-year old.

6. OP
    OP
    Grasboy

Grasboy LawnSite Member

You guys crack me up - you actually believed me!<p>:)

7. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think you was trying to pull our legs. You just realized how crazy your idea was.

8. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

If this was May, you wouldn't have gotten nearly so many replies or so much attention. But hey, its Feb. and we're a little bored and need a good laugh. So what's your next brain blip?

9. crew

crew LawnSite Member

Heres one...the customer pays by the pound!Grasboy could get a big scale and weigh the clippings after each cut.the customer decides how often you cut.Ireally feel YOU cant miss with this strategy.

10. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why did you put multiple entries on this post if you were just kidding? I also think you found out reality's stand point on your idea. The idea might be ok if you quadrupled your price, however.<br>Please don't cry wolf on this forum either, in case you may have thought about it. Most guys want to help others out there, but won't take time for practical jokes. Just some friendly advice :)<br>Where's lawrence Stone on this one??????????<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.