1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

UNCLE SAM

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Feb 1, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hello, <br>Has anybody out there had experience dealing with Govt. contracts? I have a package in front of me and it will be the first one I have filled out, want to do it the right way!<p>Homer

2. Federal, state, or local?

3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I deal with federal government alot if you need a web sight for more info let me know and more info then you can handle.<br>sunrise

4. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

I was unaware that state, federal, and local gov'ts bid out mowing. How would I find out about contracts locally?&lt;p&gt;John

5. drturf

drturf Guest

i would like some info on this topic also the web addy

6. WorkForce Intl

WorkForce Intl LawnSite Member

Sunrise, like Homer I also need information on government contracts. I would appreciate any you can send me.<p>Sincere thanks,<p>WorkForce International<br>WorkForceIntl@aol.com<br>(713)923-5564 (Business)<br>(713)923-5517 (Fax)<br>

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, the Federal Government bids out everything under the sun! Getting your foot in the door is another story. I have been trying for the last couple of years and finally got a bid package for an Army Reserve Center. There are several of these all around the country, I just want a couple to start with and see how it goes. I am fortunate also to live beside an Army base, the contract for the base a couple years ago was $1.5 million for 3 years. Heck of a lot of ground to cover on something like that though. Just trying to stay within my means, if you know what I means! For any body interested you need to find the government web site containing the C.C.R. (central contractors registry). You have to be registered with them and have a DUNS # in order to be considered a trading partner with the U.S Government. I think I'm in the ballpark with this info, if not somebody jump in and correct me.<p>Homer

8. sunrise

sunrise Banned

This sight is 1 or 2 days ahead of the GSA sight<br>www.govcon.com<br>fill in the blanks and follow the rules and good luck<br>if you win a bid and can't fill it they will hammer you BAD!!!<br>sunrise

9. Years back I went to a bid meeting at a 5<br>acre federal site.<p>The specs were that you had to apply 2-4d<br>monthly and tree spraying was to be performed<br>between 2:30am and 5:30am.<p>I walked out before the meeting was over.

10. sunrise

sunrise Banned

hopefully everyone doesn't live in the years back<br>this is the year 2000