Under $5,200 lawn service

dart2cut

LawnSite Member
This is an awsome site! I have helped my co-workers @ my fire department in the past and this year started my own service for under $5,200.

That includes:
A new GRAVELY 1548 walk behind Hydro Pro w/ KAWASAKI, multch kit and Pro Slide ($4,100 out the door)
A TORO 21" 5.5 w/ commercial deck walk behind (FREE, $750 new x 7 yrs. ago)
ECHO 260 trimmer and edger ($250 for both)
ECHO 650 blower ($250)
6'x12' tandum axle trailer ($500)

Did not think i would like a big walk behind because i learned to drive a O-turn on a Walker. It only took about 4-6 hrs. in a open lot behind the station to get the hang of the GRAVELY. I love the Pro Slide and my GRAVELY. I'm a big, big ECHO fan, have had ECHO stuff at my house for about 8 years, you can not tear this stuff up.

Itsgottobegreen

LawnSite Silver Member
Same here. We got 3 volleys here with lawn mowing companies. We also have 4 paid paramedic that do it on the side as a third job. They should do the same for teacher. I had a teacher when i when to walpole high in MA. That had a 721D grasshopper with 35 accounts and made more money doing that then teaching. Theres a couple of time i been to the station and there was not place to park the truck because everyone was out mowing, plus two other members mow their 2nd property. We had 3 pick ups with trailer and two dumps with trailers. We had to move everything to get the engines back in.

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
and you are pulling the trailer by hand?

Top Forums