Lawn Care Forum banner

Under Deck Scraper : Grass Buster vs. Putty Knife

6K views 54 replies 23 participants last post by  Derwood 
#1 ·
#7 ·
My Grass Buster has gone missing so in the search to find another I came across this one below. In person it looks/feels well made. Its got a longer handle than the GB and the tool-end has some flex to it just the same. Looking forward to trying it out...

I like the looks of this scraper. Is it completely flat or is it slightly spooned up, hard to tell in pic. Description in first pic. says Bent, Stiff, so I assume it's slightly bent upward.

Where did you purchase and cost?

BTW, if you also need another GrassBuster, it's available at ProPartsDirect.

#10 ·
I don't know which of these would be better but I didn't realise there was that much difference between a putty knife and a paint scraper until I couldn't find my paint scraper and I used a putty knife to scrape my mower deck thankfully I found the paint scraper and I have now brought a spare one the putty knife is just to thin and flexible

#13 ·
Since the "putty knife" gang got the more recent thread locked down, I'll bump this to post the info here.

Grass Buster on sale - $10.56

I don't care if you like your putty knife so much you gave it a name and made little dresses for it. Whatever floats your boat.
I'm glad I bought a Grass Buster. Works great. I think I'll order another!

Edit: Nevermind. They want $11.99 flat rate shipping. They can keep it.
I'll look and see if I can find a better price!

#15 ·
HA!!!

SALE - $9.99 - SHIPS FREE!!!

$8.99 ea if you order 2 or more!!!

I just ordered TWO. Can't beat the price - especially with free shipping!

I ordered from the place I got it from before - I had a list of places/prices in the closed thread. (see below)

#31 ·
Yea. Most props here have clusters of thick ceder or other shrubs or hedges where there’s no way a few clumps of grass blown deep would ever be detected. Considering we’re mulching everything it kinda seems stupid to haul away a bit of grass build up instead of feeding the bushes.

#32 ·
I tried looking for burlap tarps online and I can't find ANYTHING like what I have in the photo above.
I've seen guys dumping mower bags of grass onto these things for YEARS around here.
My mower dealer sells these. Why can't I find them online? Crazy.

Does anyone else in other areas see/use these things?
Like I said, they have a heavy, black, nylon handle/loop on each corner - it's not just a square of burlap.
I guess it's about 5'x5'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.