1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Uniforms and clearing 330 acres!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Dec 29, 2006.

  1. Green-Cuts

    Green-Cuts LawnSite Member
    Messages: 154


    Has anyone scene the stihl add in a few of the magazines that have come out that has 3 guys that hace stihl trimmers and they clear 330 acres of brush. It says "what do we do after clearing 330 acres.....start all over again" The guys are in brown work pants and green long sleve shirts. I am wondering if anyone has any idea were I could get uniforms like that?

    I am also wondering what is the best type of material for pants and shirts to wear to stay cool? I have read a lot on the debate over long sleve and short sleve and was wondering if I could get some feedback. I am looking at going with long sleve shirts for next season and am looking into some work pants besides blue jeans. any advice or information would be great.
  2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

    barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 296

    Check with Cintas or Aramark, I used both of them on the golf course and they have a lot of options for uniform combinations. I would imagine a long sleeve green shirt would not go over well with you workers in the summer heat though that is a good looking combination.
  3. Dunn's

    Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,534

    We use Tan 100% cotton cargo pants. they are heavy enough to withstand the abuse but light enough to breath.
  4. carcrz

    carcrz LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,085

    I wear Carhart pants, not sure on what material my button-up shirts are. They are light weight though.
  5. yardmanlee

    yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 898

    I've used them both and the work pants are great for the summer here its gets and stays above 95 and they are much better than wearing jeans !!!! the shirts are my company t shirts light grey
  6. Grass Kickin

    Grass Kickin LawnSite Member
    Messages: 167

    In Florida I wear shorts about 90% of the year. The other 10% I wear those water resistant Johnnie Gumba nylon running pants. They are light and can be swapped for shorts easily when it heats up. I know working in shorts leaves you prone to whatever the machines kick up but in the heat you have to do it. I see some guys in blue jeans and long sleaves in 95 degree weather. HEAT STROKE!!!!
  7. RedMax Man

    RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,051

    Ya, i've seen that add. They're wearing Carhartt pants, shirts, and gloves. I'm going to get Carhartt canvas pants for next summer. I've been wearing canvas pants for working a couple years but not Carhartts. I have other Carhartt clothing and like it, canvas is nice in the summer heat because it's light weight, cool, and durable. I don't like wearing blue jeans for mowing and landscaping either. Buy light colors like tan.
  8. Metro Lawn

    Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,116

    We use Red Cap uniform pants and shirts. Dark green pants with a light green shirt.
  9. lawnpro724

    lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,201

    Check out www.gemplers.com they are a green industry supply company and have just about anything you could need from shirts, pants, boots, and everythings else.
  10. Green-Cuts

    Green-Cuts LawnSite Member
    Messages: 154

    Hey Redmax man
    What do you think about there color combinations in the add. I just like how sharp they look but am worried about the heat factor of wearing pants and long sleve shirts.

Share This Page