1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Uniforms

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SoDak, Feb 23, 2010.

1. SoDak

SoDak LawnSite Member

Are they worth it? My staff dresses relatively well for the industry (I have some standards on this). Almost no other company in this area wears uniforms. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this. I understand the professionalism that wearing uniforms brings, but wanted to know if the costs are justified.

2. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

I have nice t shirts & sweat shirts made up and I require work pants such as carharts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i just looked into it and it is realitivley cheap, i think like 10 bucks a week. i figured out what i spent just on myself in a year and i can easily justify them. that is just the cost of the company shirts and workpants, not even counting how much i spend on laundry to clean them. i am going to set it up that i will pay half and the employee will pay half.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i did that to but it seemed that by midseason the shirts are pretty trashed out and pant were really getting worn. or you get the guy that shows up in dirty clothes because he didnt get to wash stuff and then he loks like $h!t all day.

5. JCPM

JCPM LawnSite Member

I usually buy them in bulk around $8 a piece so they can be replaced often.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have actually set the bar in our area because we have always used uniforms, button down shirts and pants. over the years, many have followed to look more uniform with their crew, but theya ll use t shirts, which is better than them wearing whatever, but not is nice as our true uniforms