Unilock Elements

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
Anyone using these?

I have not done much in the way of fireplaces and outdoor kitchens. While their selection is limited, what they have seems nice and well thought out. They are pricey, but still cheaper than what it costs to do a custom fireplace, etc... plus they meet all local fire codes and building standards.

I'm thinking of pushing these this summer, or at least trying them, but have not heard much talk about them. The fountains, etc... are over priced for what I can build easily, but the fire places, and wet bar look pretty damn swell.

The fact you can install them in a couple days is quite intriguing. Any thoughts?

Any comparable products to look at?

-Mike

OP
C

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
I should mention, I also looked at the Hanson products of the same category, which seems to be prices the same, but delivery/pickup would probably be extra. Any opinion on build quality difference?

I've never used the Hanson product line so I can't comment. But their product seems comparable to unilock

zedosix

LawnSite Silver Member
I personally find them overpriced and a bit bulky for my taste. The ones I have seen at one of the local unilock distributors didn't look so nice after a couple of years. The idea is great but I'd rather spend the time installing something I designed myself rather than installing something that is off the shelf.

OP
C

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
I personally find them overpriced and a bit bulky for my taste. The ones I have seen at one of the local unilock distributors didn't look so nice after a couple of years. The idea is great but I'd rather spend the time installing something I designed myself rather than installing something that is off the shelf.
alright, thanks

I have not actually seen one that has been installed for any period of time. I like the idea as well, then again, laziness has never got me anywhere

CM's

LawnSite Member
I have done some of Belgard's Harmony, basically the same thing. I do prefer custom built, and the price is usually the same or a bit less in our area.

What I do like about the pre built is that for us it eliminates sub's. I don't do mason work in house, though we have two good ones we use. Sometimes it's more convenient to not worry about having a sub come in. Overall, I think custom built is a better look in the end.
Posted via Mobile Device